Children's Fresh Air Society Fund
The mission of the Children's Fresh Air Society Fund is to provide disadvantaged and disabled Metropolitan Baltimore children (includes Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Baltimore, Harford and Howard counties) the benefits of a summer camp experience.
Charitable organizations that operate a day or residential camp program and provide both recreational and educational opportunities are eligible to apply for a grant. Grants are made in the form of "camperships", that is, scholarships equal to the amount of normal camp fees and tuition multiplied by the number of children to be supported by the grant. Grants from the Fund are not intended to provide core operating support.
Criteria for Funding
In order to qualify for funding from the Children's Fresh Air Society Fund, programs must meet a minimum of (2) educational opportunities AND (2) recreational opportunities in the programming model or design.
Educational Opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Studies (forest ecology, marine science, wildlife, conservation)
- History studies
- Science studies
- Health Living
- Cultural studies
- Mathematics studies
- Reading and writing skills
- Arts and crafts
- Leadership development
Recreational Opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Traditional Sports (soccer, hockey, basketball, baseball, softball)
- Horseback riding
- Water activities (canoeing, kayaking, rafting, rowing)
- Team building exercises and socialization (orienteering, mountaineering, ropes courses)
You will not qualify for funding and will be automatically declined if any of the following applies (Revised 12/15/2020):
- Application submitted beyond deadline
- Staff attempts to reach organizations with no response from organization
- Application does not meet (2) educational and (2) recreational opportunities
- Organization does not meet BCF’s due diligence process
How to apply
Click here to see the list of questions you’ll need to answer to complete an online application.
When you are ready to apply please select one of the following options:
The grant deadline is February 1, 2021.