Parking and Mass Transit
On-street metered parking is available but limited to two hours and strictly enforced. Surface lots at Charles and Read and other lots and garages within two blocks are available for longer visits.
From the north, via I-83 (Jones Falls Expressway):
- Follow I-83 south to the St. Paul Street exit; stay to the left to merge onto St. Paul St.
- Continue five blocks on St. Paul Street
- Turn right onto Read St. for one block; BCF is at Charles and Read streets, on the right.
From the south, via I-95:
- Take exit 53 towards Martin Luther King Boulevard/Downtown
- Stay to the left and follow the signs for Downtown (do not get on Martin Luther King Blvd)
- At the end of the highway, turn right onto Conway Street
- Turn left onto Charles Street
- BCF is located at Charles and Read streets, one block past the Washington Monument, on the right.
Bus lines: BCF is served by the 51, 95, 103, CityLink GREEN and CityLink SILVER bus lines running on Charles and St. Paul streets. BCF is located at the corner of Charles and Read streets.
Light Rail: Cultural Center stop is about 1/2 mile from BCF. Exit the train and follow Howard St. to your left; bear left on Read St. for three blocks to Charles St. BCF is at Charles and Read streets, on the left.
Metro: State Center/Cultural Center stop is slightly more than 1/2 mile from BCF. Upon exiting the station, turn right, cross Preston St. and continue through the State Office complex to Martin Luther King Blvd. Cross Martin Luther King then follow MLK to your left; cross Howard St. and bear right onto Read St. Follow Read St. for three blocks to Charles St. BCF is at Charles and Read streets, on the left.
Visit the MTA website for more information about mass transit options and schedules.