- Donors have online access to their charitable funds 24/7 through DonorXpress.
Take a tour.
- All funds established at BCF are managed as provided by the Investment Policy Statement approved by the Board of Trustees. The Investment Committee oversees the process and selects and monitors investment managers.
- Our investment brochure provides a full explanation of investment options and lists members of our Investment Committee. Investment results are updated quarterly.
Charitable Giving for Businesses
- BCF offers services for your clients with private foundations, whether they are looking for help with effective grantmaking or ways to preserve the founder’s legacy after several generations. Download our brochure for private foundations.
- For clients considering a foundation, compare options for philanthropy before the decision is made.
- Learn more about the process to terminate a private foundation into a charitable fund at BCF.
BCF can help you help your business clients by:
- Establishing a corporate giving program that reflects the company’s values and desire for community presence
- Making the most of the philanthropic opportunities inherent in the sale of a business
- Advising on use of privately-held stock for philanthropic purposes
- Incorporating charitable giving in succession planning for a family business
To learn more about charitable giving for businesses, contact Ralph Serpe by email or by phone: 410-332-4172, ext. 130.
- BCF holds and manages endowments for dozens of nonprofit organizations. Benefits to these organizations include convenience, investment oversight, permanence and access to planned giving tools. Find out more.
- Because it is a permanent institution, BCF is the ideal home for a philanthropic memorial. A fund named to honor the memory of a beloved family member, associate or friend may be designed to support a charitable purpose reflecting the life and values of the deceased.
- BCF is equipped to handle the large influx of gifts a memorial fund may generate, and to carry out the fund’s charitable purpose in perpetuity. Family members and other founders receive comfort and satisfaction through regular reports on fund activity.
To learn more about memorial funds at BCF, contact Ralph Serpe by email or by phone: 410-332-4172, ext. 130.
Life Income Gifts
- Scholarships are a popular option for donors concerned about young people and their futures. Home to numerous scholarships funds, BCF offers three levels of giving for your clients who are interested in scholarships. Explore options for supporting scholarships through BCF.
- Charitable gift annuities and other life income gifts are a powerful way for your client to put assets to work for them, making a significant charitable gift and receiving significant lifetime income. Explore our interactive legacy planning tools, and introduce your clients to the many options.
Retirement Plan Assets
- Life insurance is an affordable way for your clients to gain tax benefits and meet charitable objectives, either by naming the charity as a beneficiary or by donating an existing policy. Gifts of life insurance can be used to establish or add to any of the types of funds available at BCF. To learn more about charitable giving using life insurance, contact Ralph Serpe by email or by phone: 410-332-4172, ext. 130
- Your clients may not realize that income tax can eat up as much as 80% of retirement plan assets left to heirs. That’s why these assets should be at the top of the list for charitable giving, creating the greatest benefit for heirs and charitable beneficiaries. Find out more.