MGP Announces New and Renewed Partnerships for 2015
July 02, 2015
Middle Grades Partnership is thrilled to announce that two new public schools and two previous private school colleagues have joined the MGP portfolio of partnerships. This means nine MGP public/private school partnerships will be serving 350 students by the end of 2015.
After a year’s pause, Calvert School has rejoined MGP with a brand new partner, Barclay Elementary/Middle School. These schools share historic ties dating as far back as 1990 when Barclay adopted the Calvert School Curriculum. They even share a champion with MGP in the person of David Clapp who has previously served both as the Principal of Barclay and the Head of the Middle School and Assistant Head Master at Calvert. David now serves as Development Chair on MGP’s board.
Southwest Baltimore Charter School is joining MGP with two school partnerships, one with the Bryn Mawr School, which has decided to rejoin MGP after a 5-year hiatus, and one as a new partner for the Gilman School. Southwest Baltimore Charter School beat out many other wonderful public schools to be able to become an MGP partner. Their combination of great leadership, high need and expertise in project-based learning as an Expeditionary Learning school won the day.
MGP is privileged to work with such wonderful schools as we address widening opportunity gaps between students by marshaling the considerable expertise of both schools. With our partners we provide year-round learning opportunities to Baltimore’s students, preparing them to excel in academically rigorous Baltimore public high schools and beyond.
The following are confirmed partnerships for 2015:
- Academy for College and Career Exploration/Roland Park Country School
- Afya Public Charter School/Park School
- City Springs Elementary/Middle School/The Boys’ Latin School of Maryland
- City Springs Elementary/Middle School/Garrison Forest School
- Hampstead Hill Academy/Friends School of Baltimore
- Mount Royal Elementary/Middle School/McDonogh School
- Barclay Elementary/Middle School/Calvert School
- Southwest Baltimore Charter School/Bryn Mawr School (to begin fall of 2015)
- Southwest Baltimore Charter School/Gilman School (to begin fall of 2015)