About the Baltimore Community Foundation
BCF is a philanthropic foundation created by and for the people of Greater Baltimore, where many donors join together to make the region they love a better place, today and for future generations.
BCF serves our community in a variety of ways, by:
- Building a civic endowment, a permanent source of charitable support for the Baltimore region,
- Helping donors plan and carry out their charitable giving in Baltimore, the region, and across the country, and
- Working in partnership with others across the public, private and nonprofit sectors, bringing a consistent voice of leadership to critical civic issues.
Baltimore boasts a growing economy where all have the opportunity to thrive. Our action agenda organizes grants, initiatives and advocacy around this vision.
Inspire donors to achieve their charitable goals from generation to generation and to improve the quality of life in the Baltimore region through grantmaking, enlightened civic leadership and strategic investments.
BCF is trustworthy. We strive to earn, build and maintain trust among donors, grantees, staff, trustees and the greater Baltimore community.
BCF is inclusive. We incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion into all aspects of our work.
BCF is entrepreneurial. We articulate and implement a bold, inspiring vision for Baltimore by leveraging resources in creative ways.
- Comprises 800+ different philanthropic funds with a total of $157 million in core assets and $102 million in allied assets.
- Distributed $30 million in 2017 to hundreds of nonprofit organizations in Baltimore, the region, and across the country.
- Accepted $40 million in gifts in 2017.
- Has granted over $497 million since its inception.
- Founded in 1972; governed by a board of trustees.
- BCF is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, publicly supported organization; contributions are fully deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- Office hours: weekdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
- Directions and parking